I showed up at AFK games for my usual 40K night. It was not to be. Instead, it was madness. Seven players brought 20 Power Level armies in a fight of betrayal and surprise called:
Here are the rules:
- Players get 20 power points in a Battle Forged list.
- No selection can be larger than 8 power points.
- Players receive a card. This is their "Identity."
- Players receive a second card. This is your "Target." You can only attack your target.
- If you have a Target that matches your Identity, you can attack anyone.
- If another player attacks you, for your next turn, you can attack them in retaliation.
- If you are responsible for tabling an opponent, you gain their Identity and Target cards. (these do not replace yours)
- If, by some quirk of eliminating enemies, no one can attack anyone, anyone can attack everyone.
- A third deck of cards is shuffled at the beginning of each turn, and you take your turn when your card is drawn.
- Tabled players have their cards removed from this deck so that the player who tabled them don't get multiple turns.
- If you are involved in a melee with the current player, you get to fight.
Bozeman - Azure Flames
- Captain Edgard of the 3rd Company, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Salamander Mantle, Rites of War
- Tactical Squad x5, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Lascannon
- Dreadnought, Twin Lascannon, Heavy Flamer
Players get one octant. Set up anywhere in this square, but you must remain more than 3" from an enemy.
As you can see I hid out in the blue-gray building. To my left, Dan playing Mordians (who had my card, unbeknownst to me). To my right, Nathan, whose card I had! In front of me, another Salamander player... who... had my card? That's odd...
I moved up and to my right, to try to nonchalantly get closer to Nathan and hide in the trees...
...only to be attacked by the other Salamander player!
Meanwhile, Nathan turned on the Crimson Fists, whittling them down quickly.
Annoyed at being shot, my Dreadnought charges! This led to a chain of events which led me to completely table the other Salamander player! I received his target card... only to realize it wasn't mine! The cards are literally gloss black on matte black, and he mistook the Jack for the Joker... Sadly, this left me open to be targeted by other players...
Dan charged my lord with his combat unit, and other players (some with their own cards!) took pot shots.
Meanwhile, the Crimson Fist Primaris Lieutenant takes all comers, valiantly making a last stand against Nathan's Guard!
My forces were shot down to the characters. A Tactical Squad charged the Mordians, but that proved fatal as Mordians hit on a 5+ on Overwatch!
Finally, Captain Edgard stood alone, charged by 30 Mordian Conscripts. They rolled 4 wounds... and I rolled 1, 1, 2, 2!
Eliminated, I watched the other players slug it out. They eventually decided on a 4 way tie as it was getting past 2am.
Soon: more 8th ed and painting!